BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Redshirt sophomore Branch Terrell has been named to the SEC Community Service Team announced by the Southeastern Conference Tuesday afternoon.
The Benton, Arkansas, native has picked up the honor for the third consecutive year, after being named to the 2015 and 2016 teams while serving as a member on the SAAC Executive Board as the Community Engagement Chairperson.
He has volunteered his time to causes in the community such as the Operation Baton Rouge, Book Hogs and the Sweat Hogs program. Holding a cumulative GPA of 3.9, Terrell is a four-time member on the Dean’s and Chancellor’s List, as well as earning the Academic Champion Award. He also earned a spot on the Athletic Director’s List and is a two-time SEC Academic Honor Roll member. The accounting major was also named an ITA Scholar Athlete from the national organization during his freshman season.
Terrell is 5-2 this spring in singles action, including a 3-0 mark at the No. 2 spot. Overall, he is 10-10 this season and 20-16 for his career.
“Branch’s tennis has improved a lot this year,” said head coach Andy Jackson. “He has worked very hard on it. His commitment to service has stayed very high, as he is an example to all of us. The Razorbacks are very proud of him.”
• Helped collect household items for flood victims for Operation Baton Rouge
• Christmas Shop with Razorbacks at Toys-R-Us
• Volunteered with youths at Baldwin Baptist Church
• Razorbacks Read at Washington Elementary
• Book Hogs at Leverett Elementary
• Taught tennis during Elementary Kids Day at Benton Parks & Recreation
• Children Fun Run at Fayetteville High School
• Lift Up America
• Razorbuddies Program at local elementary schools
• Sweat Hogs program at Owl Creek Elementary