Arkansas opens the calendar year on the road Tuesday evening, traveling to Knoxville, Tenn., to face the Volunteers at 5:30 p.m. in Thompson-Boling Arena.
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 3
Tip-off: 5:30 p.m. CT
TV: SEC Network
WatchESPN: Click Here
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Arkansas has equaled its best 13-game start in the Mike Anderson era with an 11-2 record. The 2014-15 team opened the year 13-2.
• After Thursday’s loss to Florida, Arkansas checks in at No. 41 in the latest NCAA RPI. The Razorbacks are one of 10 league teams with a top 100 RPI, with Tennessee moving up 37 spots to No. 65 after a road win at Texas A&M.
• Arkansas is looking for its third straight SEC road win after ending last year with victories at Tennessee and Alabama.
• Arkansas’ eight-game winning streak entering SEC play was its longest under head coach Mike Anderson in the last six years. The program’s previous eight-game winning streak came in the 2008-09 season with 10 straight victories.
• Arkansas has recorded runs of at least 10-0 on 13 different occasions this year, including a season-high 21-0 run against Austin Peay on Dec. 3. The Razorbacks have multiple 10-0 runs in five of 13 games this year.
• The Razorbacks have held opponents scoreless for three-plus minutes 22 times this year, including at least once in 10 of 13 games this season. Arkansas held UT Arlington scoreless for a season-best 7:11 during the second half, going on a 15-0 run.
• The Razorbacks have pulled down 10-plus offensive rebounds in 14 straight games, the longest streak under Anderson. Arkansas is scoring 16.1 percent of its points on second chance opportunities this season, good for 13.3 points a game.
The Rocky Top Series
• Arkansas is 18-19 all-time against Tennessee, including four straight victories against the Volunteers. A win Tuesday would mark the longest win-streak by either team in the series.
• Mike Anderson is 5-2 all-time against Rick Barnes, with five of the seven meetings taking place when both coaches were in the Big 12 Conference. Anderson is 2-0 since Barnes moved to the SEC.
• The Razorbacks have road wins over 10 different SEC opponents in the last three-plus years, joining Florida (11) and Kentucky (13) as the only schools to accomplish the feat.