Arkansas looks to improve to 3-0 for the fourth time in the last five years on Friday evening when the Razorbacks host Texas-Arlington in Bud Walton Arena.
The #Fastest40 Facts
• Monday’s win over Southern Illinois marked the 14th time in 15 years that a Mike Anderson team started 2-0 on the season.
• Arkansas is averaging 91 points per game through the first two victories and is one of 19 teams in the country to score 90-plus points in each of its first two games.
• The Razorbacks have scored 90-plus points in its first two games for the first time in 20 years and only the sixth time in program history.
• In the five previous times Arkansas has scored 90-plus points in the first two games, the Razorbacks won an NCAA Tournament game each season, advanced to the Elite 8 three times, lost in the 1990 Final Four and won the 1994 National Championship.
• Arkansas outscored Southern Illinois 17-2 on fast break points Monday evening and has now outscored its opponents 41-2 in transition this season.
• Dusty Hannahs has scored 75 points in the last three games dating back to last year and leads the team this season at 21.0 points per game. He has led the Razorbacks in scoring in five straight games and scored 10 or more points in 10 straight contests dating back to last season.
• Arkansas is 48-2 in non-conference games in Bud Walton Arena under head coach Mike Anderson. The two losses came against Syracuse (2012-13) and Akron (2015-16).
• The Razorbacks have two of the top 10 leaders in the SEC in assists per game with Daryl Macon (7th) and Anton Beard (9th). Beard has the fewest turnovers and minutes played among the top 10.
• After finishing third last season in the Sun Belt with a record of 24-11, 13-7 in conference play, the Mavericks were picked as the preseason favorite to win the league this season.
• UTA Returns its top six scorers from last season, top five rebounders, assists leaders, steal leaders and the top shot blocker.
• The Mavs Finished first last season in the Sun Belt in rebounding offense, rebounding margin, assists, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounding percentage.