Following a bye week after playing eight straight games to open the season, Arkansas returns to Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium on Saturday for a 2:37 p.m. CT showdown against No. 10 Florida on CBS.
Kickoff: Saturday, Nov. 5 at 2:37 p.m. CT
Location: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium (72,000)
Game Notes: Complete PDF
• Arkansas will host SEC Nation, the SEC Network’s traveling college football pregame show. It marks the third straight year SEC Nation has made its way to Fayetteville. Hosted by Maria Taylor, who is joined by analysts Tim Tebow, Marcus Spears and Paul Finebaum along with reporter Laura Rutledge, SEC Nation will be live from 9–11 a.m. CT on the lawn at Old Main.
• Florida will make its fourth trip in program history to Fayetteville and first since 2008. The Gators have been ranked in eight of the 10 previous all-time meetings against Arkansas.
• Saturday’s contest will be the first meeting between the two schools since 2013. Florida owns a 9-1 advantage in the all-time series. Arkansas won the inaugural meeting 28-24 in 1982.
• Behind seven multi-passing touchdown games, quarterback Austin Allen is tied for the SEC lead with 18 passing touchdowns.
• Senior linebacker Brooks Ellis was named an NFF National Scholar-Athlete and one of 12 finalists for the 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy on Tuesday. Considered by many to be the “Academic Heisman,” the award recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation. Ellis also was named a semifinalist for the 2016 Wuerffel Trophy and earned a spot on the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District Football Team for District 6 on Thursday.
Five Key Storylines
• With 11 wins over its last 15 games dating back to last season, Arkansas will look to open the month of November with a win over a ranked team for the second consecutive season. The Razorbacks’ 11 wins over their last 15 contests are the second-most in the SEC during that span. Arkansas is also 6-2 in the month of November over the past two seasons.
• Coming off a loss at No. 21 Auburn, Arkansas looks to return to its winning ways when it hosts Florida. The Razorbacks defeated No. 12 Ole Miss 34-30 in their last game at home. Arkansas has won eight consecutive games following an SEC loss dating back to the 2014 season.
• Arkansas will face its sixth ranked opponent this season, including its fourth straight. Florida will be the Razorbacks’ ninth ranked SEC opponent since the start of the 2015 season. Saturday’s contest will also mark the 24th time head coach Bret Bielema has faced a ranked opponent in 47 career games at Arkansas.
• The Razorbacks’ three losses this season have come to No. 10 Texas A&M, No. 1 Alabama and No. 21 Auburn. Each of those three teams are currently ranked in the top 11 of the Associated Press Top 25 and have combined to post a 21-3 record. Their opponents’ three losses have come against current No. 1 Alabama, No. 7 Texas A&M and No. 3 Clemson.
• Allen and sophomore running back Rawleigh Williams III have been one of the nation’s top QB-RB tandems this season. Allen is averaging 256.0 yards per game through the air, while Williams is averaging 100.9 on the ground. Allen and Williams are one of just four QB-RB duos in the Power 5 conferences averaging at least 250 yards passing and 100 yards rushing per game this season.