SEC Network has hired two new men’s basketball analysts to commentate both in studio and games for the 2016-17 season. Former Southeastern Conference standouts Pat Bradley (Arkansas) and Jarvis Hayes (Georgia) will provide analysis surrounding more than 120 games slated to air on SEC Network, in addition to coverage of all SEC competition in the network’s news show SEC Now.
Bradley and Hayes join a roster of returning commentators that includes: Dane Bradshaw, Barry Booker, Tony Delk, Daymeon Fishback and Jon Sundvold. Play-by-play veterans Adam Amin, Richard Cross, Tom Hart, Mike Morgan and Dave Neal also return. An additional studio analyst will be named in the coming weeks, prior to conference play.
The newest analysts have extensive basketball experience within the conference including:
• Basketball player at the University of Arkansas from 1996-99
• Set all-time records for the Southeastern Conference in 3-point field goals made and attempted
• Inducted into the University of Arkansas and Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame • SEC Fun Fact: previously co-hosted an Arkansas radio show with SEC Network football analyst Clint Stoerner; currently co-hosts on 103.7 The Buzz in Little Rock
• Role: joins SEC Network as a studio analyst on SEC Now and Saturday game analyst
• Basketball player at the University of Georgia 2001-03
• First Team All-SEC sophomore and junior years – the first Georgia Bulldog since Dominque Wilkins to earn the honor
• Drafted by the Washington Wizards Round 1, 10th pick overall, of the 2003 NBA Draft
• SEC Fun Fact: his twin brother Jonas Hayes is a UGA assistant coach
• Role: joins SEC Network as a weekly Saturday game analyst
Bradley will make his SEC Network debut on Wednesday, Oct. 19, from the 2016 SEC Men’s Basketball Media Days in Nashville, Tenn. Hayes’s first game assignment is Monday, Nov. 14 at 7 p.m., UMass at Ole Miss on SEC Network.